Friday, June 02, 2006

Maze



If only I had the energy (and hand strength) to type this whole thing out. This is me walking over to a nearby restaurant and writing notes for a blog. Does everyone else think this way? The words "Just a ride" and "rollercoaster" got cut off the bottom right.

This is the easy part. The thoughts come, the connections are everywhere. Figuring out where to start, how to proceed through the maze, that's the trouble. That's the art. So much easier (and more fun) to wander through aimlessly with a friend over a glass or two of wine and a couple hours.

I've always got a couple bottles if anyone wants to come over. I'll leave the light on.

6 comments:

perrykat said...

Interesting. I do think this way, but I usually do not write this way. Writing is a much more linear process -- even when I'm writing poetry, although then it is admittedly much more maze-like. The real trick of poetry is to present the maze in words, so to speak.

Usually, the writing of one sentence (or word) leads me to another, and like choosing a path it means giving up a host of sentences to follow the one at hand.

However, I would love to sit with some wine and discuss your maze for a while.

I miss you.

Jebbo said...

Red or white?

I miss you, too.

perrykat said...

red.

perrykat said...

red.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.