Thursday, March 02, 2006

Small (?) price to pay

Sort of like the sound walnuts make when you use those silver chopstick nutcrackers on them... or stepping on an almost-empty cereal box to make it fit in the bin...

And I kept (and keep) asking myself, if I hadn't spent the extra half-second wondering what that odd sound was, had braked immediately, would it only have been the fender?

But I was a little distracted, as I have been for weeks now (longer?). At the moment in question, I was wondering if I should go out for drinks with a friend in town. Maybe a beer on a porch would slow things down, help me focus. But maybe that would just leave me more behind, maybe I should head home and unpack my new apartment (while it can still be considered new). Or exercise. Or make some progress on the books I'm reading. Or put the new license plates on the car. Need to get some stamps. And what is that odd sound?



The sound of my finally figuring out what to call that blog I keep saying I'll start.

Well at least that is done. Small price to pay really. Maybe.

Now... should I go out for that drink or not?

4 comments:

Jebbo said...

Yeah, it was actually an excellent night. I attribute it to having two americans that said their apologies early, staying around only long enough to bond the three former Leatherhead residents. I'll put up piccie later.

Jebbo said...

PerryKat emailed me... Wreck of the Day would have also been a good title. Probably taken though, and in any event I'm hoping that my ongoing distractions don't all turn out so destructive.

Jebbo said...

yay you recognized it... well done! they explained that the "beaks" of the masks were filled with various herbs and such that were meant to keep the plague out... you'd have thought it would have worked poorly enough that the mask couldn't have caught on... or maybe it was scary enough that the sick onlookers turned away (thus serving its purpose).

Jebbo said...

eh I guess these later comment should be on the venice post... not sure why the car post is also on the main page. i'll work on that. thanks for commenting anyway. this is fun!