Saturday, March 11, 2006

Databases

You gotta love the Arcade Fire... if you haven't seen the video (link) to "Power Out" you ought to check it out. Great great music if you are trying to get work done. (Not to mention the "Laika" video that I just watched, behind the same link... crazy stuff).

The work in question is database work. I'm trying to build a database. This isn't the first time, but I really dislike databases in the way you usually dislike something that kicks your butt every time you get near it. Turns out my new work assignment is very database-based. And I'm psyching myself up to master it inside and out. So something's gotta give, and after almost chucking it all in last night, I'm back with Girl Scout cookies (colleague: "false advertising... check the ingredients, no girl scouts in them"), a cold drink, a new Texas-style haircut and The Arcade Fire on the iPod. Salvation.

Speaking of salvation, check out the church sign generator (linked at top right). Good fun. And speaking of haircuts, have you seen the phone ad with the guy singing his Dukes of Hazard ring-tone theme? I always liked that ad... very natural acting (if he was acting), seemed to really enjoy his ringtone. Anyway, good thing I liked the ad since I just got his haircut.

Other things I've been feeding my head... a study in contrasts:

Watching the English

and

The Right Nation (British Edition)

1 comment:

Nice Guy said...

Gotta luv church sign generators, theres a few more on www.customsigngenerator.com.