Sunday, January 07, 2007

Back to work

Pitiful excuse for a blog entry, this is.

It is 4am in London though...

Back to Houston after a week in Blighty. Funny when you flip between ... paradigms and then you are supposed to just drop back in where you left off. I rarely want to.

But it's 4am, work in 10 hours, and not yet unpacked.

How to hold on to new sensations and perspectives, and old ones recontextualized? Language I suppose. But a moment's experience well captured can take hours.

How do you index a self?

1 comment:

perrykat said...

And this is a pitiful excuse for a comment.

I drove to Auburn last week (not really comparable to your two worlds, but hey) and was amazed at how many worlds I am holding together. I like to think about The Subtle Knife, and how we might cut from one universe into another if we had the right tool.

When I fly somewhere, I sometimes think that I am on A Truman Show (of sorts); I think that the plane really doesn't move, that they just change the scene, the props, and the actors.

I don't know what I'm saying here. It is difficult to transition between worlds, yet we do it all the time (work/home; parent's home/our home; working city/living city; single person/part of a couple). Then when you add time zones in.....

Life is weird. I hope that that you are findng the transition easy.