Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Whipped Cream on Top

Today begins one whole week of frivolous frivolity!

Irreverent irrelevances!

Ice cream cake as a reward for months of fiber and vitamin E!

=============================

10 Things I Need to Do around the House

1. Crush the aluminum cans. Man I go through these, three or so a day and I don't wear shoes in the house, so they gather on the breakfast bar and stare at me from across the room. Go away!

2. Sort out DVDs and CD-ROMs. Why do I never never never write on a CD what it is? There are like 30 of them. I used to love CDs, now I realize they are the tribbles from Star Trek. Cuddly and nefarious.

3. Iron clothes. Does anyone know a way to make this not the most tedious job in the world?

4. Rearrange all the books on my bookshelf. Less crazy than it sounds. You'll see. You'll see. It's gonna be great!

5. Rebuild my computer. My computer likes to reboot automatically sometimes. A lot. Imagine what would happen if your main computer died.

6. Burn all of my software and operating system onto DVDs and CD-ROMs in case my computer dies. What, more CDs? Damn them all!

7. Wash my clothes hamper. Long story.

8. Throw out all of the batteries that are dead. Remember when they used to include battery meters, those little strips, when you bought a package of batteries? Now you see a couple of batteries and it's like, have I used those yet? Have I recharged them?

9. Scan and correct photos to upload to Flickr.

10. Go check the calendar to see whose birthday is this month. I am so incredibly bad at that. I don't think I know more than five peoples birthdays, and most of those because they are easy to remember. Heck, I think this was the first year I remembered Annette and my anniversary. In my defense, neither of us ever remember our anniversary.

==============================

Restaurants of the Week

I tried four new restaurants this week, part of a bid to actually learn a little bit about this city that I live in.

Ziggy's -- healthy food, hip place. Elk burgers and pomegranate martinis.

Romano's -- middling Italian but nice salad and big screen for the football game.

Taco Milagro -- mid-scale Mexican, reasonable portion sizes of very tasty fast food. Yummy mole enchiladas and salsa that hits you like a baseball bat.

Los Ranchitos -- dive Salvadoran, basic but tastes like your grandmother made it (if she was Salvadoran). The food on paper plates was served on those woven-straw paper plate holders like Grandma Jennie used to use before she upgraded to those orange plastic kind that could be washed. Ah, memories.

5 comments:

anklebiter said...

I didn't read the whole thing, because I have a ridiculous headache...but aren't restaurants fantastic? I mean...people make the place, true...but say what you want about art and culture and climate...restaurants, I would say, are a close second. Fill a good restaurant ( that serves mayo on the side or not at all) with good people(...) and that's the place for me.
Elk burgers?

Jebbo said...

http://www.ziggyshealthygrill.com/menu.html

anklebiter said...

2ndly,
As bad as you are about birthdays, I'll bet I'm worse. I know mine, Tyler's, my mom's (April Fool's Day), Julie's (f her), Angela's (f her too):) he he, oh and Katherine's (Day before Jesus...and f her too!) But man...right now...I miss you something crazy. (And Katherine, and Angela, and my mom)[ma], and Tyler). But not me... I'm tired of me. :)

Jebbo said...

Mine: KP (day b4 xmas like u say), Annette (day after April Fools), Wyndi's (day after new years), my mom's (10 days after mine), and

and...

um.

I think I knew a fifth but I've forgotten it.

Get your ass over here, it's boring! I mean, it's exciting, wow, you gotta see it!!!

perrykat said...

I haven't found many restaurants here that I like. Is that because I don't like the people, or does it really say something about the place?

Interesting.

I hate that people can remember my b'day because I too am TERRIBLE at remembering other's b'days. Is it possible that most people are bad at it? I even have one of David's calendars, and I ignore it.

Anyway.

Needing some good people and good restaurants,
KP